Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 46 - Fix my eyes



I have been feeling very overwhelmed with my "to do" list lately. When I get like that instead of springing into action I usually shut down and don't do anything which then makes matters worse!! I heard a song on the radio today by Carlos Whittaker called "We Will Worship You." The first two lines go "We fix our eyes on You. You are God alone. We fix our eyes on You. You're our only hope." It reminds me of the story of Peter in Matthew 14:22-33 who after seeing Jesus walk on water asked Jesus if he could walk on water too. We're not talking about a calm sea here but strong winds causing high waves! Jesus called to him and Peter obeyed by getting out of the safety of the boat and walked on the water! But, then he took his eyes off of Jesus and started to look at the big waves and he began to sink. Jesus rescues him and asks Peter, "Why did you doubt me?" God has called me to get out of the safety of my boat and I have obeyed by agreeing to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. But it is easy for me, just like Peter, to take my eyes off of Him and His promises and to focus instead on the "big waves" in my life which then causes me to feel overwhelmed and to feel like I am sinking! God says to me "Why do you doubt me? Fix your eyes on Me and trust Me to provide all that you need to accomplish what I have called you to do." 

No comments:

Post a Comment