Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 35 - Uncle Robert



February 4 would have been my Uncle Robert's 85th  birthday. I celebrate his birthday on my blog today because he is one of the most inspiring people I know! In his early twenties he was diagnosed with a disease called Friederich's ataxia. This disease slowly robbed him of his ability to walk, to take care of himself and in 2002 his life, but it never robbed him of his joy, his love for his family or his love of God! His unwavering faith helped him to face his many challenges without complaining and his example inspires me to do the same! Today in heaven, he has a brand new body free of this disease and I look forward to someday walking the streets of gold with him!!  Happy Birthday Uncle Robert!!  Love you more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment