Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1 - Welcome!



Welcome to the Maisha Project - my first attempt at blogging!  Please be patient with me as this site will be a work in progress!  I am planning on climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, Africa in October of 2011 to raise awareness and money for children in Africa who are affected by AIDS.  Inspired by photographers who have embarked on a 365 project (taking one photo every day of the year), I would like to chronicle my journey by attempting to take a picture every day to remind me of the lessons I have learned, and the challenges I have faced as I attempt to climb this mountain.  My hiking boots will be used to represent the step by step process to reach the summit.  My prayer is that as you follow along on my journey  that you may be encouraged to climb the mountains that you face.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world, Lori! I'll be following your journey to the summit...I'm so excited to see how God will use this adventure in your life and the lives of the children in Africa!

    ReplyDelete