Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 7 - What can you do with $1.00?



All it takes is $1.00 to provide a child in Africa affected by AIDS another day of life!  This journey is making me think about how easily I spend my dollars on things that really don't matter.  What trivial things am I willing to give up so that my dollars can make a difference in the life of a child?  Maybe it's that pumpkin spice cappuccino or a trip to McDonald's.  Whatever the case, I decided I need to make better choices as to how I spend my money.  The angel in the picture is an ornament that several of us made and sold at Christmas to raise awareness and money for the American Foundation for Children with AIDS (AFCA http://www.afcaids.org/).  We sold them for (you guessed it) $1.00 to represent a child given life for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment